When you’re feeling under the weather + craving chicken noodle soup, but don’t want something out of a can, this quickstart recipe is your new best friend.
Parent entrepreneurs especially cannot afford to be knocked down with illness, which is why we boost immunity quickly with this speedy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.
Making this recipe completely from scratch will take around 40-minutes, but check out our hack for cutting this recipe timing even shorter to 30-minutes.
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta (we love rotini)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 diced chicken breasts, raw (you can also use some leftover shredded or diced roast chicken)
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or parsley, packed
- salt and pepper to taste
Tip: Go to Trader Joe’s produce section to find the Mirepoix. The Trader Joe’s mirepoix contains 1/2 onion, 3 carrots + 3 celery stalks. The best part is that since this mix comes pre-chopped, you can shave an additional 5-10 mins off prep time. Win!
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil + cook the noodles until al dente. Drain the noodles + set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, in a larger stock pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion + cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are fragrant + translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery + carrots + cook until the veggies are tender, about an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken breast + cook, stirring, until the chicken is just cooked through, approximately 7-10 minutes (check a larger piece for doneness before proceeding).
- Add the stock, turn the heat to medium-high + bring to a simmer. Once at a simmer, add the peas, cook for 2 minutes, + add the dill and pasta, stir + simmer for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt + pepper to taste + serve!
Let us know your experience in making this quick recipe in the comments below!
[…] our favorite Speedy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe that you can make in 20 minutes or […]