We came across this recipe on Mama Natural as she described her toddler son’s challenging waking hours + how she felt like he could’ve used more sleep.
We love when parents lean into their intuition like that!
Similarly, we felt like our daughter could have been benefitting from longer sleep as she started waking up at 4:30 AM… yes, you read that right!
We’re looking forward to seeing the results of this tart cherry juice ritual + maybe you will be in your own home, too!
“A morning + evening ritual of tart cherry juice may help you sleep better at night… Researchers found that drinking tart cherry juice twice a day… helped increase sleep time by nearly 90 minutes.”
- 1 ounce of organic tart cherry concentrate
- 8 ounces of organic kefir (or yogurt with a little water added)
- 10 drops of whole liquid stevia (or another natural sweetener)
- Pour 1 ounce of tart cherry juice into cup.
- Add your natural sweetener.
- Add your raw kefir or yogurt/water combo (~ 3/4 cup organic yogurt + 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup filtered water).
- Put on lid + mix well (be sure to cover any spout holes so the drink doesn’t spill out while you’re shaking).
- Be sure to give TWICE per day.
Tell us: what’s your go-to remedy for troubles with sleep?
If you decide to try this recipe, share your experience with us in the comments below!